VCU Faculty and Staff
If your VCU department or college would like to produce a product using the university’s brand, check out the steps below explaining how to request approval.
Steps to Creating a Department or College Request
- Start the planning and request process early. We recommend at least 30 days before your event.
- Select a university-approved vendor to produce the products.
- Design artwork for the product. Our university approved vendors can help you design the artwork, if needed. Refer to VCU’s Brand Standards for do’s and don’ts of artwork guidelines.
- Complete the Artwork Pre-approval Form. You will need to email the final artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org after filling out the form.
- We will review your request. It typically takes between 1-3 days to process each request. After your request has been reviewed, we will notify you of the status of the request.
Note: Approval to use the university’s brand (eg., on a t-shirt) does not constitute approval to use the brand again, including on reorders, without seeking additional approval.
Athletic Logo Use
University departments, schools and registered student organizations are not permitted to use VCU’s primary athletic logos to represent their organization. These logos are reserved for varsity athletic teams only. When referring to VCU in the organization’s name, “VCU” may not be placed in front of the organization’s name; “at VCU” or “of VCU” are the only permitted uses (for example: Badminton Club at VCU or Equestrian Team of VCU). Please refer to VCU’s Brand Standards for more information.
Co-Branding with VCU Trademarks
Virginia Commonwealth University marks may not be used in conjunction with other trademarks or registered marks without written permission from the owner of the mark and from VCU’s Office of Trademarks & Licensing.